Claim No.: QB-2022-002126
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
TWZ (by Her Litigation Friend & Daughter GQW)
(1) Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust,
(2) Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust
UPON THE CLAIMANT’S APPLICATION DATED 6th July 2022
AND UPON HEARING COUNSEL FOR THE CLAIMANT AND COUNSEL FOR THE
AND UPON IT APPEARING THAT NON-DISCLOSURE OF THE IDENTITY OF THE
CLAIMANT IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE INTERESTS OF THE
AND PURSUANT TO RULE 39.2(4) OF THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES AND
SECTION II OF THE CONTEMPT OF COURT ACT 1981 AND RULES 5.4C AND
5.4D OF THE CIVIL PROCEDURE RULES.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:-
- The identity of the Claimant shall not be disclosed.
- That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents
to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the
proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as
- That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
- That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document
disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be
replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form
- That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant is to be placed on the Court file and marked “confidential:
not to be opened without the permission of a Master or High Court Judge”.
- That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from
the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission
must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The
file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
- That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the
name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s
immediate family is prohibited.
- The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
a. to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court
Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or
treatment of payment out of such money;
b. to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the
receipt or investment of such money; or
c. to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
d. To inter partes communications
- That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to
have this Order set aside or varied.
- Costs in the assessment.
- Claimant to serve sealed order.