Claim number: J06YX687
In the County Court at Southampton
12 July 2023
His Honour Judge Glen
UK Insurance Limited
Before His Honour Judge Glen sitting at the County Court at Southampton, London Road, Southampton, SO15 2XQ.
UPON HEARING Counsel for the Claimant and for the Defendant upon the Claimant’s application dated 6 April 2023.
AND UPON the Court considering that an adjustment to the parties’ budgets may be required to accommodate the costs of this application but deferring to the costs Judge the nature of any such adjustment
(1) Consideration of the Article 8 rights of the Claimant to respect for private and family life, the Article 10 right to freedom of expression and the interests of the public in open justice
(2) It appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary to secure the proper administration of justice and in order to protect the interests of the Claimant and that there is no sufficient countervailing public interest in disclosure.
(3) The Defendant indicating its neutrality to the making of the order and there being no representations from the press or any other interested party.
AND PURSUANT to section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998; section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981; and CPR rules 5.4C, 5.4D and 39.2(4).
WHEREAS for the purposes of this order:
(1) ‘Publication’ includes any speech, writing, broadcast, or other communication in whatever form (including internet and social media), which is addressed to the public at large or any section of the public.
(2) Publication for the purpose of this Order includes any further publication (as defined in subparagraph (1) above) from the date of this Order, even if such information has derived from a previous stage or stages of these proceedings.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The identity of the Claimant as a party to these proceedings is confidential and shall not be published.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), there shall not be disclosed in any report of these proceedings or other publication
the name or address of the Claimant or other immediate family members or any details (including other names,
addresses, or a specific combination of facts) that could lead to the identification of TXC as the Claimant in these
proceedings. The Claimant shall be referred to as set out at paragraph 3 of this Order.
- In any judgment or report of these proceedings, or other publication (by whatever medium) in relation thereto:
(i) The Claimant shall be referred to as TXC”.
(ii) Any other details which, on their own or together with other information publicly available, may lead to the identification of the Claimant (including any names of other immediate family members or their addresses) shall be redacted before publication.
- Pursuant to CPR Rules 5.4C and 5.4D:
(i) A person who is not a party to the proceedings may not obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order from the Court records unless the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised in accordance with subparagraphs 3(i) and (ii) above.
(ii) If a person who is not a party to the proceedings applies (pursuant to CPR r.5.4C(1B) or (2)) for permission
to inspect or obtain a copy of any other document or communication, such application shall be on at least 7 days’
notice to the Claimant’s solicitor.
- The Claimant’s solicitor shall file with the Court an electronic (PDF) bundle of the statements of case that
has been anonymised in accordance with paragraph 3 above by 5 May 2023 and re-filed in the event that any
statement of case is amended, within 21 days of such amendment being approved.
- The Court file shall be clearly marked with the words “An anonymity order was made in this case on 14 April
2023 and any application by a non-party to inspect or obtain a copy document from this file must be dealt with
in accordance with the terms of that Order.”
- Any interested party, whether or not a party to the proceedings, may apply to the Court to vary or discharge
this Order, provided that any such application is made on 7 days’ notice to the Claimant’s solicitor.
- Pursuant to the ‘Practice Guidance: Publication of Privacy and Anonymity Orders’ issued by the Master of the
Rolls dated 16 April 2019 a copy of this Order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High Court of
Justice (www.judiciary.uk). For that purpose, a court officer will send a copy of the order by email to the Judicial
Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The costs of obtaining this order be costs in the case.