TXR & EXL -v- The Secretary of State for the Home Department (anonymity order)
Queen's Bench DivisionAnonymity Order
Claim No. QB-2020-001426
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
Mr David Pittaway QC
Sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge
(a patient proceeding by his Mother and Litigation Friend KXR)
THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE
BEFORE Mr David Pittaway QC Sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge sitting at the Royal Courts of Justice on 1 December 2021 at a hearing held remotely
UPON HEARING Ms Lizanne Gumbel one of Her Majesty’s Counsel, on behalf of the First and Second Claimants and Mr Bradley Martin one of Her Majesty’s Counsel on behalf of the Defendant
IT IS ORDERED THAT:-
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4) there shall not be disclosed in any report of the proceedings the name or address of the First and Second Claimants or of the First Claimant’s mother or any details leading to the identification of the First Claimant and his mother and the Second Claimant. If referred to the First Claimant and his mother shall be referred to as TXR and KXR. If referred to the Second Claimant shall be referred to as EXL.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C a person who is not a party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order form the court (only if the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised) such that:-
- The First Claimant and his mother and the Second Claimant are referred in those documents as TXR, KXR and EXL respectively;
- The address of the First and Second Claimants have been deleted from those documents.
- There be permission to apply to set aside this Order on 7 days’ notice to the First and Second Claimant’s Solicitors.