Claim Number: G90MA309
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
19 April 2024
HHJ Sephton KC
WGT (A Child By GXR The Litigation Friend)
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
WARNING: You must comply with the terms imposed upon you by this Order. Otherwise, your case is liable to be struck out or some other sanction imposed. If you cannot comply, you are expected to make a formal Application to the Court before any deadline imposed upon you expires.
Before His Honour Judge Sephton KC sitting as a Judge of the High Court, King’s Bench Division, at Manchester District Registry, Civil Justice Centre, l Bridge Street West, Manchester, M60 9DJ on 4 April 2023
UPON HEARING Mr James Rowley KC for the Claimant and Mr Philip Turton for the Defendant
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 rights to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression, the open justice principle, and Xv Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust  EWCA Civ 96
a) the Court being satisfied that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant and the Litigation Friend is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
b) the Defendant indicating its neutrality
c) there being no objection from any member of the public or the press
AND PURSUANT TO section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR rules 5.4C, 5.4D and 39.2(4)
IT IS ORDERED THAT
I. The identity of the Claimant in these proceedings is protected and shall not be published .
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), there shall not be disclosed in any report of these proceedings the name or address of the Claimant, or the Claimant’s family or any details that could lead to the identification of the Claimant. The Claimant and the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as set out at paragraph 3 of this Order.
- In any judgment or report of these proceedings, or other publication (by whatever medium) in relation thereto: ( l) The Claimant shall be referred to as “WOT”
(2) The Litigation Friend shall be referred to as ”GXR”
(3) The Claimant’s other parent shall be referred to as “WRM”
(4) Any other details liable to lead to the identification of the Claimant (i11cluding any names of other family members or addresses) shall be redacted before publication.
- Pursuant to CPR Rules 5.4C and 5.4D:
(1) A person who is not a party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order from the Court records only if the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised and redacted in accordance with subparagraphs 3(1) to (4) above.
(2) In the event of anonymised or redacted documents being needed to facilitate access to documents from the court records in accordance with paragraph 4 (1) of this Order, the parties shall cooperate with the Court in the supply of suitably edited documents.
(3) If a person who is not a party to the proceedings applies (pursuant to CPR r.5.4C( l B) or (2)) for permission
to inspect or obtain a copy of any other document or communication, such application shall be on at least 7 days’ notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor or Deputies.
- The Court file shall be clearly marked with the words, “An anonymity order was made in this case on 4 April 2023 and any application by a non-party to inspect or obtain a copy document from this file must be dealt with in accordance with the terms of that Order.” ·
- Any person, whether or not a party to the proceedings, may apply to the Court to vary or discharge this Order, providing that any such application is made on notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor or Deputies, after having given them 7 days’ prior notice of the intention to make such an application.
Dated 4 April 2023