Claim no. CO/2220/2022
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
XF (by her uncle and litigation friend, XI)
(1) Secretary of State for the Home Department
UPON considering the Claimant’s application for anonymity, expedition, permission to rely upon expert evidence and dispensation of the need for service of materials pursuant to CPR 21.6(4), of the 18 June 2022;
AND UPON the Parties agreeing a stay to the extant applications, save for that in relation to anonymity and in relation to the procedural requirements of CPR 21.5(4), to enable the Defendant the opportunity to consider the application made by XF for recognition of her British citizenship;
BY CONSENT IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. The Claimant’s interim applications be stayed until 21 July 2022.
2. The deadline for the filing and service of the Defendant’s and the Interested Party’s Acknowledgment of Service, under CPR 54.8, Is extended until 21 July 2022.
3. The papers be put before a Judge of the High Court for consideration of the Claimant’s applications for expedition, permission to rely on expert evidence, and permission to apply for judicial review, by 28 July 2022. In the event that permission is granted the Judge will set a timetable for the final hearing.
4. The following individuals are granted anonymity in connection with this claim and are to be referred to for all purposes in these proceedings as follows:
(a) The Claimant is to be referred to as “XF”.
(b) The Claimant’s litigation friend is to be referred to as “XI”
(c) The Claimant’s mother is to be referred to as ”C15″, and
(d) The Claimant’s brother is to be referred to as “XM”.
5. So far as any document to which a non-party may have access pursuant to CPR 5.4 or 5.4C does not comply with paragraph 4 above, the Claimant’s solicitors have leave to file with the Court copies of such documents adjusted so as to comply. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant originals. A non-party may not obtain a copy of any document from the court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this paragraph.
6. Pursuant to section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR. 39.2(4), nothing shall be published which would directly or indirectly identify any of the individuals referred to at paragraph 4 of this order.
Certificate of Suitability of Litigation Friend
The requirement of CPR 21.5(4) that the Certificate of Suitability and Claim Form be served on the Claimant’s parent or guardian be dispensed with.
8. Costs in the case.