XX -v- YY (anonymity)
Claim Number. G90LVO01
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
15 September 2020
Before His Honour Judge Wood QC sitting at Liverpool District Registry, Liverpool, Civil
And Family Court, 35 Vernon Street, Liverpool, L2 2BX.
UPON the Claimant’s Application made orally before His Honour Judge Wood QC, sitting as a High Court Judge, in Liverpool on the 11th September 2020.
AND for the following reasons
1. The allegations in this Claim are likely to attract publicity
2. Publicity revealing the identity of the Claimant and the Defendant is likely to bring with it intrusions into the Claimant’s privacy and cause the Claimant stress and anxiety
3.Those intrusions may well have serious consequences for the Claimant in her social and work life.
4. ln the circumstances of this claim (a) the Article 8 rights of the Claimant cannot be protected without restrictions on the Article 10 rights of the public and the press, but (b) the preceding factors make it necessary to give priority to the Claimant’s Article 8 rights
AND PURSUANT to Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR 5.4A to CPR 5.4D and CPR 39.2(4)
T IS ORDERED THAT
1. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters X.X .. Likewise, the Defendant shall be referred to as Y. Y.
2.To the extent necessary to protect the Claimant’s and Defendant’s identity, any other references, whether to persons or places or otherwise, be adjusted appropriately, with permission to the parties to apply in default of agreement as to the manner of such adjustments
3. A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or other document from the court file unless it has been edited (anonymised) in accordance with this direction
4.Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the parties. For the avoidance of doubt this continues throughout the assessment of costs and any enforcement proceedings taken in relation to this action.
5. Any non-party affected by this order may apply on notice to any party to set aside or vary this order.