Claim No. E90BM074
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
30 March 2020
Mrs Justice Steyn
ZZZ (A CHILD PROCEEDING BY HER MOTHER AND LITIGATION FRIEND XXX)
SANDWELL AND WEST BIRMINGHAM HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
BEFORE Mrs Justice Steyn sitting at the High Court of Justice, Royal Courts of Justice, on the 30th March 2020.
UPON HEARING leading counsel on behalf of the claimant and leading counsel on behalf of the defendants
AND UPON IT BEING RECORDED THAT NO FURTHER REPRESENTIONS WERE MADE
AND UPON IT APPEARING the case is likely to attract publicity and that revealing the identity of the Claimant is likely to unfairly damage the interests of the claimant and that, accordingly, publication of details revealing the claimant’s identity ought to be prohibited.
AND PURSUANT to s11 Contempt of Court Act 1981, s.6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D and CPR Rule 39.2
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. There shall be no publication of the Claimant’s name and address, the Litigation Friend’s name and address or any information which may tend to identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
2. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters ZZZ. Likewise, the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as XXX.
3. A non-party may not inspect or obtain the copy of any document from the court file without the permission of a District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the claimant.
4. A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or document from the court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there have been redacted any information which might identify the claimant or the Litigation Friend.
5. Permission to apply.
6. A sealed order will be served within 7 days of the department reopening.