What should I do if I have a complaint?

If you have a complaint about a delay in an Employment Tribunal responding to your correspondence, or the way your case is being administered, that is likely to be a matter for HMCTS. This is because HMCTS provides administrative support to the Employment Tribunals. Your complaint should therefore be sent to the office manager for the regional office where your case is being handled.

If you have a complaint about the personal conduct of an Employment Judge or non-legal member, you can complain to the Judicial Conduct Investigations Office. Details of how to complain, and examples of what you can and cannot complaint about, are set out on its website. Please note that the judicial complaints process does not operate as a mechanism for challenging case management decisions or judgments about which one of the parties is unhappy.

If you are unhappy with a judicial decision in your case, please read How are Employment Tribunal decisions challenged? and the After the Hearing section.