In January 2021 a working group was formed by the Master of the Rolls to look at the resolution of Small Claims. The working group comprised of experienced District Judges from large, medium and small court centres.
In April 2021, the working group produced an interim report, The Resolution of Small Claims (PDF, opens in a new tab). The interim report recommended issues for further consideration by an enlarged working party, which have been looked at in a second phase of work, published in January 2022 (PDF, opens in a new tab).
- Chair – His Honour Judge Cotter QC
- His Honour Judge James
- District Judge Avent
- District Judge Gibson
- District Judge Middleton
- District Judge Nightingale
- District Judge Chloë Phillips
- Nick Hanning (CJC member)
- Jeremy Thompson (Support Through Court)